Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Am A Sloth

Unemployment can be both a blessing and a curse. For the benefit of all, I'll now assess the pros and cons of my current state of joblessness (to end on a high note, we'll move from bad to good).

Cons

Feeling of worthlessness to society. Such feelings dissipate, however, after reading stories of surprisingly low teen employment rates and the desperate tactics of unemployed MIT grads.

Indolence. My current lack of productivity will surely come back to haunt me come the beginning of the semester, when I am reminded once again that math is, in fact, difficult.

I don't get money. This especially is a problem for me and my extravagant college student lifestyle. The price of a grilled cheese at the Campus Center spiked from $2.75 to $2.95 last semester and shows no sign of slowing down.

Neutral

I end up creating a blog.

Pros

I read things. Unemployment has given me the chance to reacclimate to the idea that there are enjoyable things to read, something I thought impossible after a semester of political science.

I will become a Guitar Hero. I yearn for the day when a group of naive friends, having never heard the phrase "Star Power" before, will marvel as I nail the solo on "Sweet Child of Mine." Maybe someday.

I don't have to work.

I create reproductions of 70's prog rock hits. Try to imagine Supertramp as a ringtone. More on that later.

No comments: