Sunday, August 17, 2008

I might be a horrible person...

Though I have already expressed this in confidence to a select few, I would like to take this time to publicly announce what I plan to do with my life after I leave college.

My ambition was inspired by the story of Eric Moussambani, a man from Equatorial Guinea who, though a mediocre swimmer, swam in the 2000 Olympics under an initiative to allow people from less developed nations with few training facilities to participate in the games.

If this program still exists, I would like to take advantage of it. I will become a citizen of an obscure nation (preferably in the middle of the Pacific Ocean), and will somehow persuade the IOC to let me be the first person from this country to compete in the Olympics in table tennis. In the weeks leading up to the games, I will train for the competition in this nation and, in the meantime, will somehow arrange to have hundreds of ping-pong tables shipped to this nation to start a tradition of table tennis Olympians from this nation.

My second choice sport is team handball, which, as it has been revealed to me, can be seen along with all the other Olympic sports you never see on TV...

No comments: